Friday, July 23, 2010

I heart faces - Fix it Friday #63

I edited a photo for this weeks Fix it Friday challenge.

Here's the original, provied by I Heart Faces.

And here is what I came up with.
First I brought the photo into Lightroom.  I used a few presets (auto tone, punch, sharpen portrait, tone curve flat) then manually lowered the clarity, saturation & vibrance.
I then took the photo into photoshop, where I added this texture and changed the blending mode to multiply. Next, I duplicated the original image and changed the blending mode to soft light.
Finally, I selected the 2 girls using the quick select tool in the original image, then feathered the edge of the selection, copied and pasted on top as a new layer.  I did this final step because I wasn't really loving the texture being on the girls' faces.  I'm not sure if that is the "right" way to achieve this, but it worked well enough either way.
This was my very first time using texture in a photo..I've wanted to try it for a while, but really just didn't know where to start. I followed this tutorial, which helped me get started.  
Any comments or suggestions are welcome.



I Heart Faces



4 comments:

  1. Love the blue you added! Really makes a huge difference. Overall a very good edit :) The girls look beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for coming by and following. Im following you back. Great job with the editing of the picture. I like how you change the sky. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how you changed the sky.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute edit! It looks kinda like it's night time and the bokeh looks like fireflies! Makes the picture give off a totally different feel. :)

    ReplyDelete